The Racing Journal Logo

Leo Ogg, son of Montana ExpoPark Manager


March 14, 2006     E-mail this page to a friend!

March 14 - Nineteen-year-old Leo Ogg, son of Bill and Patti Ogg of Cascade, Montana, died Sunday of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning from a propane heater in a camping trailer where he was staying to help with calving on a local ranch.

Bill Ogg is the Manager of Montana ExpoPark fairgrounds in Great Falls and the Director of Horse Racing.

Leo was a First Vice President state officer of FFA. He finished his high school education at Cascade High and was involved throughout his school career in numerous activities such as sports, 4-H and FFA.

His involvement in FFA programs included FFA Star Chapter Greenhand, Star Chapter Farmer, Montana State Star Farmer, State Prepared Public Speaking winner, on the team for the Montana State FFA Parliamentary Procedure Team, and attendance at national conventions. He was also a State 4-H Public Speaking winner and attended State and National 4-H Congress.

Leo had many successes in the show ring, as he loved raising and showing horses, sheep, swine, and especially beef in 4-H and FFA programs. Livestock judging was an integral part of his life, and several major colleges and universities recruited him with scholarship opportunities. He was excited to begin his college career this fall.

Leo genuinely enjoyed his work for area ranchers, earning funds for college and supporting his own livestock.

Leo is survived by his parents; sisters Melissa (Joey McBride) and Alena; his little brother, Wilson; maternal grandmother, Lee Rome; paternal grandmother, Lena Ogg; uncles, aunts, cousins, and many dear friends all across the country.

In lieu of flowers, memorials to Montana FFA Foundation are suggested. Condolences may be left for the family at www.schniderfuneral-home.com.